HSSE PARTNERSHIP & COLLABORATION WITH SCHOOLS AND ORGANISATIONS
HSSE values the importance of connecting with schools in order to know more about student learning, the concerns of teachers and school cultures. This enables HSSE to relate its curriculum and programmes to school needs and to prepare pre-service teachers to be skillful, critical and reflective practitioners, ready to make an impact in today’s schools. We also value partnership and collaboration with local, regional and international organisations to better understand new developments in educational practice and research. In doing so, our academic staff members are kept abreast of innovative practice and events that can advance our work.
HSSE AG’s involvement:
Examples of HSSE Collaborations:
- • Contributions to MOE syllabus review committees
- • Participation in Academy of Singapore Teachers Subject Chapters
- • Training and sharing sessions for teachers in schools and at cluster level
- • Focus group discussions with school teachers
- • Support for teacher exchange programmes
- • Collaboration with teachers to develop the History Educators Network (HEN). Link to HEN website
- • Organised sharing sessions in collaboration with the History Association of Singapore
- • Participation in Southeast Asian Geography Association (SEAGA). Link to SEAGA site
- • Invited teachers to contribute or co-author articles HSSE staff for HSSE Online. Link to HSSE Online
- • Participation in school events and symposiums
- • Ties with organisations: Public Utilities Board, National Library Board, National Heritage Board, Singapore Discovery Centre, Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding.
- • Collaboration with overseas academics and universities: Bob Bain, Jeremy Stoddard, James Damico, Susan Adler, Clare Brooks, Arthur Chapman